209 Norwood Hall
320 W. 12th St.
Rolla, MO 65409-1510
Phone: (573) 341-7276
Fax: (573) 341-7912
Offering middle and secondary school teachers online resources for math and science teaching
Please contact Prof. Ronald Bieniek ( firstname.lastname@example.org , (573) 341-7276) – Director of LEAD and New Faculty Programs at Missouri S&T – with any questions or suggestions about this site.
Links to useful resources:
Teacher Vision network – Impressive website (free registration) with Lesson Planning Center (by subject and grade level, including sciences and math), Classroom Management tips (art of teaching, teaching methods, special needs, behavior management, ….
Lesson Plans/Planners – for many subjects, many contributed by active teachers
Interactive Java Applets, Animations, and Simulations – by subject area and subtopics
Online on-demand digital educational video service in all subjects (United Streaming). Many schools find the annual fee to be cost-effective for easy access to a wealth of the material.
How Stuff Works – radios, electromagnets, solar cells, …
• Electronics - TV, Radio, Cell phone, VCR, CDs/DVDs
• Science and Technology - electromagnets, relays, Van de Graaff generators, laser, solar light
• Energy and Electrical Power - solar cells, transformer
• Inside - electric motor, smoke detector, cell phone
• Digital Technology - Boolean logic, electronic gates, digital clock, microcontrollers
• Home Appliances - microwave oven, telephone, Christmas lights
• Telecommunications - telephone, cell phone, radio scanner, satellites
Science Education and Quantitative Literacy Project (SEQL)
Institutes and workshops (2005 - present)